So we have another competition....
P R I Z E
best production design
new kiteboard (value AUD$949)
selected custom designs
AUD$15 commission per side per sale
This year we are holding the competition on 99Designs
The Production Design Winner will be utilized for the graphics on the 2013 production boards. As the winner you will then have to supply Dan design for each of the five board models. (Cardboarding will own the graphics so there will be no royalties) These designs are for production boards so they will have to appeal to a large range of people and need to complement the current 2012 production graphics.
For selected custom design winners you will need to supply a rectangular 2800 x 8600 psd, jpg or ai file with of your design . This will be placed in the "custom" option for Cardboarding customers. If your graphic is chosen you will receive a payment of AU$30 per board ($15 for top and $15 for base). This payment is to be made via paypal, so you must have a paypal account.
Timetable (may change)
Wed 11th Jul 2012
- Entries Open
- Download the template (don't modify it) and logo above
NOTE: you are encouraged to come up with new logo ideas
- Top design will be selected by Cardboarding staff.
- An entry must be a .jpg or .psd created with supplied entry template (include top and bottom) and something along the lines of this logos .
- Designs remain the property of the designer, but selected designs cannot be used by any other kiteboard manufacturer for a minimum of one year
- If nominated as a winner, you must supply a final rectangular graphic for each side in jpg (80%) or PSD or AI format, roughly 2800 x 8600 pixels for *each* of the five production boards before you can qualify for the prize
- The entry must your original work, and you be the copyright owner.
Is a successful kiteboard manufacturer based in Australia who want to release a new set of custom Kiteboard Designs for their 2013 range.
Design Entry Rules:
To be accepted, the graphics must be supplied in a jpg file 2800x8600 pixels(each side) and may need tweaking.
Send as two full rectangular images, one for top and bottom eg take the board template off
Also if you are wondering what kitesurfing is, I have some photos in my gallery.
NOTE: The idea behind a new logo so you can create better kiteboard designs eg redesign logo to better work with your kiteboard design. There is NO competition for a new logo. The competition is for new kiteboard designs that *may* contain a new logo...
Why am I involved
My company Angry Koala builds business intelligence solutions that allow companies to make decisions on real information instead of hunches. I am also passionate about kitesurfing and mountain biking. Anyhow had this win win win idea. Cardboards want designs, artists want money/exposure, kiteboarders want great looking and performing kiteboards. So *this* is my idea of trying to help us all
No Comments | Previous Journal Entries